YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services–the largest publisher of English study materials and also the largest language institute in South Korea. (Overview: http://ybm.co.kr/introduce/english/YBMBrochure.swf )
YBM’s Editorial Department is seeking a full-time test writer for TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication). Candidates must be native speakers of English and should have a strong knowledge of English grammar, and preferably experience in writing materials for standardized English tests.
▶A full-time TOEIC test writer
– Writing and revising passages and items of TOEIC Listening and Reading Test
– Copy editing and proofreading English test preparation or education materials, and consulting in-house Korean editors
– Must be a native speaker of English
– A bachelor’s degree with a major in English, journalism, or a related field preferred
– Experience as a writer of English test preparation or education materials preferred, preferably standardized English tests (e.g., TOEIC Listening and Reading Test, TOEFL)
– Extensive knowledge of the conventions of English grammar and usage
– Residency in South Korea preferred
– Formal EFL or ESL teaching experience with adult learners preferred
Please provide the following documents to email@example.com with “Full-time TOEIC test writer: [your full name] ” in the subject line.
– Cover letter and resume in MS Word files (including your expectations for monthly or annual salary, education and employment history, highlighting your experience in writing materials for standardized English tests, especially TOEIC Listening and Reading Test, contact information, and a recent photo)
– Scanned copies of passport information page and university diploma
– If residing in South Korea: Scanned copies of ARC (front and back)
Applicants may send any writing samples, preferably standardized English test preparation or education materials. (We will not use any of sample passages or items without your written permission.)
No phone calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a writing test and interview(s).