Our school has been open, successfully running for more than 15 years in the Daechi area of Seoul. We currently are teaching around 250 kids throughout the week in two different programs: a morning program and an afternoon program. Each class is taught in periods of 40 minutes, with a five minute break in between. There is a maximum of 10 students per class, which allows for smaller class sizes, optimal speaking oppurtunities for the students and minimal behavioral problems.
The school is open MWF from 9:40-6:30 and 9:40-5:00 on TTh. Teachers are contracted for 110 hours of teaching for 2.25 M won per month (2.4 M with teaching experience).
We are looking for high energy teachers to help show our students that studying English can be fun.
Please review the detailed Job Info and APPLY NOW to get your position by visiting http://rs.gloii.com/applynow-teachers
>>> We prefer any teachers who can start ASAP or those who are seeking for jobs in Korea.
A. JOB SPECIFICATION
– Job Number: DAECHI20100111
– Job Type: Full Time
– Start Date: 01/11/2010
– Number of Teachers Needed: 2
– School Type: Private
– Location: Daechi, Seoul (subway 3 Daechi, 10mins by walk)
– No. of Foreign Teachers: 9
– No. of Korean Teachers: 9
– Student Age (multiple choice possible): Kindergarten – Elementary
– Additional School Information: The students are between beginner to advanced-intermediate in the morning program, and up to advanced in the afternoons.
– Monthly Salary: 2.25 M won starting salary, 2.4 M won with experience.
– Overtime Pay: For classes taught over 110 teaching ours, 15,000 won per class.
– Round-trip Airfare: Provided
– Contract Completion Bonus: 1 month salary provided at the completion of 1 year.
– Housing: Single accommodation provided
– Housing Distance to School: Between 30 seconds – 8 minutes walk
– Additional Housing Info: Single studio housing within easy walk from the school. Each house is furnished with a bed, TV, cable and internet ready, gas range, dishware, and air conditioning. Some apartments do have microwaves, though that is not promised in the contract.
– Medical Insurance: 50% covered by employer
– Paid Vacation per year: minimum 10 days
– Daily Working Hours: 9:40-6:30 with 40 minutes to an hour and a half break throughout the day.
– Weekly Working Days: Monday through Friday only
– Class Hours per Month: 110 hours per month
– Number of Students per Class: 10
– Additional Work Information: Each teacher has his/her own desk with internet connection. There are also 15 years worth of supplementary material at the teachers’ disposal.
– 3 Dimensional Street View: please drag the screens with mouse to move around the school streets
– School Pictures:
B. HOW TO APPLY
Anyone who’s interested in this opportunity, please make DIRECT application through our ‘APPLY NOW’ site by visiting http://rs.gloii.com/applynow-teachers and be sure to input DAECHI20100111 in job number field in the application form.
Simply sending resume alone will be disregarded. We need additional application information to make a perfect match with right positions.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please let us know by sending email to email@example.com for prompt assistance.
C. PLACEMENT PROCESS
The entire placement process will usually take 1 – 2months from the point of application to actual start teaching.
We’re laying the entire hiring process out from A to Z and helping our teachers through it step-by-step so they are comfortable and know what is going on at all times. Please refer to below major steps you’re going through;
> Step 1: Submit online application through http://rs.gloii.com/applynow-teachers
> Step 2: We will contact you shortly to further the process with full & detailed knowledge of your application and answering your questions and the phone/in-person interview schedule will be set up.
> Step 3: The interview will be conducted taking about 30mins.
> Step 4: The offer will be given for your consideration.
> Step 5: Sign the contract and follow the E-2 visa (Legal Work Visa for English Teacher in Korea) procedure steps. (F4 visa holders don’t need to go through visa process)
No Experience Needed, All Majors Accepted.
– Be a native English speaker
– Hold a valid passport from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
– Hold an original bachelor degree from an accredited university and SEALED & STAMPED academic tran s
– Obtain a criminal background check with an authenticating Apostille document or notarization and certification from a Korean Consulate (depending on country)
* TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certifications are preferred
* Any degree welcomed but preference given to education and English majors
* Don’t need to know any Korean
* Proof documents will be asked during the official process
E. About gloii RS
gloii is a professional recruiting and English teacher placement agency operating in New York, London, Sydney and Seoul Korea.
We’re providing comprehensive, knowledgeable and professional guidance to prospective ESL teachers who have the sincere desire to come to South Korea to teach English while at the same time learning about the richness and uniqueness of Korean culture and everyday life.
gloii has the recruiting network throughout Korea directly representing a great number of Public and Private schools and able to get you the most established and reputable employers saving your valuable time and energy. Our services are being offered free of charge for teachers.
>> Contact Channels;
Homepage : http://rs.gloii.com
PHONES : New York +1-315-876-9881 | London +44-020-3286-2994 | Sydney +61-02-8005-4998 | Korea +82-10-9182-4621
MESSENGERS : Skype – gloiirs | MSN – firstname.lastname@example.org | AIM – gloiirep | Yahoo – gloiirep | GTalk – email@example.com