Job Description for OBK/SCS Outdoor Education Whitewater Kayaking Instructors
This is a description for specialists required for whitewater kayaking courses.
Description of job: Outdoor Education Instructors will instruct in whitewater kayaking courses to students grades 9-11. Instructors are required to teach a core-curriculum for all courses and additional kayaking curriculum for various courses, maintain a detailed course log, have excellent risk management skills and extensive experience leading students in whitewater.
Location of job: OBK/SCS and a variety of course areas in South Korea.
• Student Contact Days: June 5 ~ 9 / June 12 ~ 16 / June 20~22
• Non-Student Contact Days: June 4 / June 11 / June 20
• Course Rehearsal & Instruction for Instructor Days: May 29 ~ June 1 (Fluid)
Salary and Benefits
• Non-Student Contact Days 60,000won
• Student Contact Days 100,000won,
• Course Rehearsal & Instruction for Instructor Days 30,000won.
• Instructors employed are highly competent leaders, patient and inspiring teachers, and skilled outdoor enthusiasts with sound and prudent judgment.
• Applicants should have experience working with cross-cultural groups and/or in a foreign
• Applicants should have experience to recognize and act on appropriate and inappropriate student behavior. The ability to manage student-to-student and instructor-to-student relationships, in order to help students develop and grow, both on course, and transfer skills
to apply learning back at home and school. This includes the ability to give feedback, and deal positively with conflict and stress.
• Applicants should have the technical skills necessary to travel safely in the course areas used, and in particular activities taught on course, the ability to teach these skills to students, good risk management skills applicable to institutional settings, and the ability to develop the whole student.
• Applicants should be positive environmental role models with sound knowledge of natural
history of the particular course area environments used.
• Kayak and whitewater specialists should have comfort teaching and leading groups in class II whitewater, experience in kayaks and teaching kayak skills, experience managing groups of kayaks on the water.
• Applicants must have and maintain a clean driving record, have a current International or Korean driver’s license, and be a minimum age of 26 to drive school vehicles. (Ability to drive is not mandatory)
Instructor Application, Hiring Process, and Pre-Course Preparations
TO APPLY: Chris Roh / email@example.com
* Letters of Reference
* Criminal background check
* OBK/SCS Application for Employment
* Temporary Travel Insurance Form
* International or Korean driver’s license Driver’s License (only for instructors age 26 and over)
(Ability to drive is not mandatory)
* Personal Information Sheet
* Emergency Cards
* Copy of Valid Passport
* Acknowledgement of Receipt of Instructor Manual
* Independent Contractor Contract
* Personal Information Sheet (Payment Information including bank name and swift code)